Maintenance Mechanic 2
Company: International Flavors and Fragrances
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Here, we boldly bring together science and creativity to create what the world needs. An industry leader in food, beverage, health, biosciences and sensorial experiences, we create essential solutions - from global icons to unexpected innovations and experiences. Equal parts outspoken and analytical, our international collective of thinkers working with customers to bring scents, tastes, experiences, ingredients and solutions for products people crave. With more than 110 manufacturing facilities, 100 R&D centers, and 33,000 customers across the world, we're poised to make a difference on an unprecedented scale. Without our boundary-pushing passion and end-to-end expertise, the future wouldn't be the same.
IFF in Pryor, OK is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join our team!
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for providing mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, HVAC, on plant equipment and general maintenance. The incumbent will be responsible for a rotating 12-hour shift and overtime/on-call work as needed.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Disassemble, clean, inspect, repair and reassemble equipment such as pumps, compressors, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and steam turbines, using hand tools, solvents, micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, and/or laser aligning equipment in order to restore it to safe and efficient operation.
* Find and correct problems (troubleshoots) with equipment using mechanical knowledge, equipment specification sheets, and manufacturer literature in order to restore to operation.
* Removes or installs valves, pumps, motors, piping and other equipment in order to facilitate maintenance activities or install new equipment.
* Actively participate in and accept all Safety, Health and Environmental responsibilities.
* Lubricates gearboxes, pumps, bearings and other equipment in order to prolong life and keep them operating safely and efficiently.
* Inspects, removes and replaces bearings on equipment in order to restore to operation.
* Adjust tension or changes belts on equipment so that equipment works at maximum efficiency.
* Work with peers in a team-oriented environment
* Actively participate in a safe and respectful work environment
* Continuously learn and enhance job skills as well as teaching others to enhance their skill
The following are required:
* High School Diploma/GED
* 3+ years of experience in an industrial mechanic, Journeyman, or related role OR completion of an Apprenticeship Program or Associates of Applied Science Technology degree in electrical, instrumentation, or millwright
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Basic computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
* The ability to work independently and as part of a team
* The ability to follow safe work practices
* The ability to read/understand loop and P&ID drawings
* The ability to document technical work that is performed
* The ability to read/understand equipment manuals and mechanical drawings
* The ability to troubleshoot techniques from simple to complex problems in the manufacturing environment
* Willing and able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), including the use of a SCBA, as required
* Willing and able to work a 12-hour rotating shift
* Willing and able to work overtime and on-call as needed
The following is preferred:
At IFF, we believe that your uniqueness unleashes our potential. We value the diverse mosaic of the ethnicity, national origin, race, age, sex or veteran status. We strive for inclusive workplace that allows each of our colleagues to bring their authentic self to work regardless of their religion, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, or disability. Visit IFF.com/careers/workplace-diversity-and-inclusion to learn more...
Nearest Major Market: Tulsa
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Keywords: International Flavors and Fragrances, Broken Arrow , Maintenance Mechanic 2, Professions , Pryor, Oklahoma
here to apply!