Company: Seneca Resources
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Position Title: Field TechnicianLocation: McAlester,
OklahomaPosition Status: Contract Position Description:Our client
is looking for Distribution Field Technician candidates for a
position located in McAlester, OK. This is the first level of the
field technician positions. This position may be a training slot
for a Designer and/or CAD position within the organization. Desired
qualifications for this incumbent include being well organized in
actions and written communication, being familiar with common
computer software including MS Office Suite and CAD drafting
systems if applicable; having experience in design or line
construction in a utility environment, being familiar with GIS
systems and basic data structures preferred. Incumbent must have a
high level of self-motivation and be able to work independently.
Incumbent will be required to work in an outside environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the collection of facilities field data as
specified for use by others in updating facilities records or
preparing design documents. This position encompasses data
collection, measurement, mapping, field photography, equipment or
unit inventory, staking, and similar field - based reconnaissance
at the direction of senior technical or engineering employees. This
position will often work with more senior employees in the field
acting as a design or staking assistant.
- Among the incumbent's responsibilities are the following:
- The incumbent will adhere to and be a strong advocate for
Company Core Values to both employees and our client(s)
- The incumbent will be an advocate of safety and participate in
all safety initiatives
- Accurately and neatly gather field data using paper drawings,
forms, electronic data collection devices, digital cameras, or
other formats and/or devices specified by the project manager
- Correctly identify items to be documented in the field with
minimal supervisory assistance.
- Quickly learn and apply technology tools such as hand-held data
collection units, laser range finders, digital cameras, and GPS
- Accurately record measurements and dimensions of requested
items; be able to recognize levels of detail required to create a
complete and accurate accounting of the field inventory and
environment per the project specifications.
- Incumbent may be required to assist in power restoration
efforts in natural disaster events (eg: driver, wire sitter,
- Accurately records data and measurements using correct
standards and symbology such that the resulting product is clear
and easily understood by office-based project personnel.
- Meets production targets and understands the importance of
project deliverables and milestones
- Overnight travel may be required at times About Seneca
Resources:Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic
Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions
to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT
services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia,
Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United
States. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits
of diversity in our workplace.
Keywords: Seneca Resources, Broken Arrow , Field Technician, Professions , Mcalester, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!