Service Technician (20210626)
Company: OGE Energy Corp.
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Performs a variety of duties related to the installation,
operation, repair, and maintenance of overhead and/or underground
distribution systems, transmission facilities, and street light
systems to provide continuous and dependable electric service to
customers. Investigates service problems and takes necessary
actions to facilitate service restoration under normal conditions
or unusual occurrences and outages.
* Investigates and documents events of cut or damaged cable and
other company facilities.
* Operates a variety of electronic and other test equipment with a
high degree of efficiency.
* Constructs and maintains overhead and underground distribution or
transmission systems in accordance with Standard Operating
* Climb poles, set poles and string wire, utilizes and operates
equipment (e.g., aerial bucket trucks, and other construction
equipment), materials, and manpower in a safe, efficient and
* Perform substation and operating duties as operating feeder
control devices and transmission/distribution switching.
* Performs troubleshooting and service restoration duties in order
to maintain continuity of service.
* Switches and operates controls on the distribution system such as
re- fusing transformers, sectionalizing cutouts, laterals, etc.
* Performs installation, repairs and/or removes conductors, self-
contained meters, services and security/street lights.
* Performs emergency tree trimming to clear distribution lines and
* Performs appropriate switching to de-energize facilities and/or
re- route current to allow service continuity and safe job
* Performs safe and efficient line patrol for determination of line
* Performs minor repairs on primary and secondary systems including
tying conductors, reconnecting jumpers, replacing cutouts,
replacing bad connections, tying off broken poles and removing
foreign objects from distribution systems.
* Work with co-workers and district personnel to perform more
complex assignments as required.
* Performs permanent or temporary repairs on the underground
service system to restore service.
* Responds to Fire Department requests for de-energizing lines and
equipment for work clearance.
* Investigates vehicle accidents in which company equipment is
* Takes necessary steps to ensure that affected area is safe for
the general public such as moving poles, lines and other equipment
* De-energizes any equipment that could be inadvertently contacted
by public persons.
* Accumulates necessary information concerning persons involved and
prepares necessary reports.
* Investigates injuries of public persons in which company
equipment is involved.
* Takes necessary steps to assist in life saving procedures.
* Accumulates necessary information and prepares necessary
* Maintains positive relationships with contacts within and outside
* Contacts customers in a courteous manner regarding service
installation, repairs, interruptions, etc. and assures a positive
company image is projected.
* Maintains positive working relationships with Company departments
and staff, ensuring appropriate and timely transaction of
information and services.
* Performs service disconnection and reconnection, as
* Assists and advises UCO Department field personnel on electrical
problems encountered in disconnecting and reconnecting customers'
* Completes CADS orders and other reports required for each job
* Completion of the OGE Apprentice Program (through OGE Apprentice
* High School Diploma/GED And 1 year of equivalent Journey Lineman
experience (i.e., Electric Utility certified Journeyman
* Required to maintain permanent residence within a 30 minute
driving time to assigned service center.
* Valid Class B Commercial Driver's License with DOT certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Demonstrated advanced knowledge of electrical principles.
* Demonstrated ability to work alone or with co-workers.
* Demonstrated ability to schedule own work.
* Demonstrated ability to climb poles and work at heights up to and
exceeding thirty (30) feet.
* Demonstrated ability to learn and adhere to Standard Operating
Procedures (SOPs) and company policies.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in speech and
* Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and professionally
with team members, leaders, and customers.
* Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, diagnosis problems, and
resolve complex issues effectively.
* Demonstrated ability to understand equipment, systems, and
* Demonstrated ability to use common purpose hand tools and other
materials of various craft trades.
* Demonstrated ability to adjust and adapt across varied working
* Demonstrated knowledge and adherence to safety requirements and
the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
* Mechanical skills and familiarity working with mechanical
equipment (e.g., aerial bucket trucks, construction equipment).
* Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under minimal
* Computer skills with knowledge of MS-Office Suite (e.g.,
* Knowledge of basic math.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks.
* Strong knowledge and understanding of utility lighting
* Required to work at heights up to and exceeding thirty (30)
* Required to work with voltages up to 34.5 kV.
* Required to work non-standard work schedules to include overtime,
weekends, holidays, and call-outs.
* Exposed to extreme conditions and inclement weather.
* Maintains or obtain all required certifications (e.g., Class A
Switching, Confined Space).
* Successfully complete Lineman and Switching Schools under the
* Required to operate motor vehicle safely in all traffic, weather
and light conditions.
* May be required to work under hazardous conditions.
* Requires wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
* Required to work away from home for extended periods, as
* Physical Demands
* Frequently Standing
* Frequently Walking
* Occasionally Sitting
* Frequently Lifting up to 50 pounds
* Frequently Carrying up to 50 pounds
* Frequently Pushing up to 88 pounds
* Frequently Pulling up to 100 pounds
* Occasionally Climbing
* N/A Balancing
* Occasionally Stooping
* Occasionally Kneeling
* Occasionally Crouching
* Occasionally Crawling
* Frequently Reaching
* N/A Handling
* Frequently Grasping
* N/A Feeling
* N/A Talking
* N/A Hearing
* Occasionally Repetitive Motions
* Frequently Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination
* For additional information about physical demands, go to
Special Safety Requirements:
* This position is a classified as a Safety-Sensitive Job under
state law. Individuals in this position are subject to the terms
and conditions set forth in OGE Energy Corp.'s Drug Testing
* This position is a classified as a Safety-Sensitive Function
under United States Department of Transportation (USDOT)
regulations. Individuals in this position are subject to the terms
and conditions set forth in OGE Energy Corp.'s USDOT Drug Testing
Keywords: OGE Energy Corp., Broken Arrow , Service Technician (20210626), Professions , Muskogee, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!