Jr. CNC Machinist - Broken Arrow, OK
Company: Baker Hughes Inc.
Location: Broken Arrow
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Junior CNC
Machinist 2nd or 3rd Shift at our facility in Broken Arrow, OK. The
BHGE Broken Arrow machine shop manufactures Subsurface Safety
valves. We have a world class climate controlled machine shop
equipped with about 90 plus machines. We manufacture our products
in one of 12 shop cells and have a 3 - shift operation. Essential
* Sets up and operates special purpose equipment, conventional (CNC
lathe and/or mill), and/or numerical control (NC) machines (Fanuc
or Mazatrol) and machining centers for fabrication of metallic and
nonmetallic parts that hold to the high quality machine standards
required within the organization.
* Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals,
specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and
tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and
* Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such
as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter
commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control
* Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or
out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as
* High School Diploma or GED.
* 1+ years of experience as a CNC Machinist.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints,
safety guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions, and
* Must have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and
tolerancing (GD & T).
* Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining
factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut,
or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine
* Must be able to select, align, secure holding fixtures and set
offsets for, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials
on mills and / or lathes.
* Basic computer skills.
* Must be willing and able to work in a team environment.
* This role will be working either 2nd Shift: 2:30pm 10:30pm Mon
through Fri or 3rd Shift 10:30pm 6:30am Sun through Thurs.
* Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as requested.
* This facility is climate controlled throughout the year
* Successful candidate will be authorized to work in the US without
sponsorship. Desired Characteristics:
* 2 year technical diploma.
* Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
* Oil and Gas experience preferred.
* Experience performing short machine runs with multiple set ups.
Locations: Broken Arrow, OK 74012
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran
status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Keywords: Baker Hughes Inc., Broken Arrow , Jr. CNC Machinist - Broken Arrow, OK, Other , Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!