CNC Machinist -3rd shift - Broken Arrow, OK
Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Location: Broken Arrow
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a CNC Machinist - 3rd
Shift at our facility in Broken Arrow, OK. The BHGE Broken Arrow
machine shop manufactures Subsurface Safety valves. We have a world
class climate controlled machine shop equipped with about 90 plus
machines. We manufacture our products in one of 12 shop cells.
Baker Hughes, a GE company offers excellent Benefits including
medical, dental, and vision. We have an exceptional 401K plan,
which includes a base company contribution and company matching
dependent on employee contribution. We offer stock purchase plans
for our employees. We also have relocation and sign on bonus
potential for qualified applicants. Shift differential pay of $2
per hour is in addition to base pay rate.
Sets up and operates special purpose equipment, conventional (CNC
lathe and/or mill), and/or numerical control (NC) machines (Fanuc
or Mazatrol) and machining centers for fabrication of metallic and
nonmetallic parts that hold to the high quality machine standards
required within the organization.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals,
specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and
tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such
as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter
commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or
out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3+ years of experience as a CNC Machinist
- Previous experience working with Nickel Alloy (Inconel)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints,
safety guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Must have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and
tolerancing (GD & T).
- Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining
factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut,
or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine
- Must be able to select, align, secure holding fixtures and set
offsets for, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials
on mills and / or lathes.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be willing and able to work in a team environment.
- This role will be working 3rd Shift: (10:30pm to 6:30am Sun -
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as
- This facility is climate controlled throughout the year
- Successful candidate will be authorized to work in the US
- 2 year technical diploma.
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Oil and Gas experience preferred.
- Experience performing short machine runs with multiple set
Broken Arrow, OK
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran
status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Keywords: Baker Hughes, a GE Company, Broken Arrow , CNC Machinist -3rd shift - Broken Arrow, OK, Other , Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!