Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
The Supervisor of Health Information Management is responsible
for the overall supervision of HIMS staff and functions. The
position assures that HIMS functions are performed in an efficient
and professional manner consistent with applicable
regulatory/certification requirements and oversees the medical
records process and systems. The supervisor carries out systems to
control the collection, maintenance, retrieval and retention of
clinical information and participate on committees and task forces
which have medical records or clinical information management
objectives. This position will support cultural diversity by
ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally
competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and
maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is
respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural
diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee
orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient
population served in the hospital.
Job code: 100545
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered
Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Certified Coding Specialist
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Graduate of accredited Medical Record Technology or
Administration Program or college level Anatomy and Physiology and
completion of advanced coding classes in ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 at an
accredited college or vocational school preferred.
- Minimum of one year of HIMS supervisory experience in an acute or
rehabilitation hospital preferred.
- Successful completion of RHIA. CCS, RHIT exam, or 2 years
supervisory experience without credentials.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax
machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing
a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull and retrieve approximately 10
percent of the time.
- Ability to sit 90 percent of the time.
- Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above head to
floor level with objects up to ten pounds.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet
deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or
night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations,
i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster
situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
Address: 13402 East 86th Street North, Owasso 74055
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: STOWA180Required
Keywords: Encompass Health, Broken Arrow , HIMS Supervisor/Coder, Other , Morris, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!