Multi-Gear Machinist 2nd shift Job
Company: Paccar Winch Inc.
Location: Broken Arrow
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Multi-Gear Machinist 2nd shift Job Apply now Date: Jan 16, 2023
Location: Broken Arrow, OK, US, 74013 Company: PACCAR PACCAR Winch
Inc PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc
is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle,
financial, and customer service fields with internationally
recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks.
PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and
customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks
under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides
customized financial services, information technology and truck
parts related to its principal business. PACCAR WINCH Inc is a
wholly owned subsidiary of PACCAR. PACCAR Winch Inc manufactures
high quality industrial winches, hoists, and drives for the
oil/gas, construction, utility and specialty markets. We have
locations in Broken Arrow and Okmulgee, Oklahoma. Our business is
growing, and we are seeking an experienced Multi-Gear Machinist.
This position is located in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma and the schedule
is 2nd shift, Monday - Friday 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. Our facility
is located at 800 East Dallas Street, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.
Hourly Rate of Pay: $23.15 - $28.45 per hour with occasional
overtime available. An additional $0.75 or shift differential and
an additional $0.80 per hour in skill premium pay. Benefits
include: IAMA Union retirement plan, IAMA 401K, PACCAR medical
insurance, dental, vision and company paid life insurance. Company
provided disability coverage as well as 11 paid holidays and paid
vacation. PACCAR Winch Inc does require applicants to complete a
background check, drug test, and pre-employment physical as a
condition of employment. Our goal is for all employees to work
safely without injury, maintaining the highest safety standards in
compliance with Company safety policies. Our environment is clean,
climate controlled, and safe. Essential Functions /
- Can perform simple machining operations on various machines in
the classification with minimal assistance.
- Has an understanding of machine tool feed and speed concepts as
related to the machining of most common materials using a variety
of ceramic, carbide, high speed steel, and grinding tools.
- Has experience and knowledge of setup procedures and techniques
applicable to the type of machine tools in the classification.
- Can consistently perform both simple and complex machining
operations to produce work piece finishes and tolerances as may be
- Has the ability to read and understand blueprints and detailed
worksheets, and capable of performing mathematical calculations
required in the association with the blueprint and work
- Is capable of using multiple types of inspection equipment so
as to check parts machined.
- Performs daily and weekly checks of machine conditions such as
oil levels, pressures, etc.
- Deburr parts machined when applicable.
- Basic computer skills required for the accurate completion of
time cards and production information as necessary in a
computerized production management system.
- Must actively demonstrate good housekeeping practices in the
work area as well as the entire facility.
- Must have the ability, knowledge and confidence to consistently
meet or exceed the expected productivity standards for all work
- Must be able to use material handling equipment (Raymond lifts,
walkie stackers, low boys, etc.) to pull and position parts and
materials necessary to perform your assigned tasks.
- Must have the ability and desire to work effectively and get
along with others in a workgroup environment.
- This job qualification list is not an exhaustive list of job
functions and may be supplemented by other information or
documentation as required.
- Acquire and maintain a full complement of personal tools as
necessary to perform machinist work.
- Legibly and accurately complete any and all required paperwork
associated with the production of parts
- Fully and personally responsible for the overall quality of
work performed to assure that the final product quality meets all
applicable quality requirements and standards.
- Work in a manner to promote safety for self and others in the
- Maintain a good attendance record
- Abide by all company rules Desired Skills :
- Can perform simple and complex machining operations on the
various machines in the classification without supervision.
- Is capable of setting up all machine tools in the
- Consistently exceeds the planned productivity standards for all
- Is capable of working with other machinist in a work group to
provide assistance in changing parts on all machine tools in the
- Has the skills and abilities needed to setup all machine tools
in the assigned workgroup.
- Participate in seeking new and innovative ways to perform job.
Make recommendations and participate in initiating those
- Understand and use SPC techniques and methodology.
- High school or equivalent education
- Able to use the following precision instruments:
- OD & ID Micrometers
- Snap Gauges
- Air Gauges
- Height and depth gauges
- Any equipment specific to classification Physical Demands and
- Wear any safety equipment as may be required.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds
- Push and pull a maximum 75 pounds peak force
- Stand and walk on cement floor 8 to 10 hours per day.
- Repeated bending up to 90% of the time, squatting and kneeling
on one or both knees
- Bend forward at the waist and hold hands above head
- Good manual dexterity with both hands
- Hear and understand verbal instructions
- Good hand and foot coordination
- Safely operate machinery with moving and/or cutting edges.
PACCAR Winch is a manufacturer of industrial winches. Employee is
working around heavy machinery. Employees must be able to operate
safely in a busy industrial environment. Additional physical
requirements include standing, walking, bending 90% of the time.
Ability to squat, kneel on both knees, bend forward at the waist
and hold hands above head. PACCAR Winch Inc is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and Protected Veteran/ Disability Employer. If
accommodation required, contact HR at Winch.Jobs@paccar.com or
PACCAR Winch at: (918) 251-8511. To review our EEO and Pay
Transparency Policies click here: https://paccar.canto.com/b/GDD1O
Disclaimer This position description is not intended, and should
not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It
is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those
principal job elements essential for making decisions related to
job performance, employee development and compensation. As such,
the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as
Keywords: Paccar Winch Inc., Broken Arrow , Multi-Gear Machinist 2nd shift Job, Other , Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!