Packaging Specialist (Non-Union): GH0012 start rate$16.63 per hour
Company: Graham Packaging
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Company Statement Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of
sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham
Packaging is part of your everyday life. They're the kind of people
you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and
suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for
our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that's
inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Overview Graham Packaging Company is looking for a Packaging
Specialist based in Muskogee, OK. This opening is for NIGHT SHIFT,
which operates during the hours of 7:00 pm to 7:30 am.start rate
$16.63Packaging Specialists are responsible for general
housekeeping of the production area, case making, inspecting, and
packing of finished product in accordance with established
procedures, specifications and other guidelines. The primary duties
of a Packaging Specialist include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety,
health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies,
procedures and recognized practices.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and
other related activities as assigned.
- Visually inspect finished product for defects before packing to
- Follow written packing instructions.
- Notify supervisor or lead of potential problems with finished
product and/or machinery.
- Grind bottles as necessary, checking for contamination before
- Open and inspect bundles of corrugated material and check for
proper printing and defects.
- Stack case/dividers on carts and feed individual cases and
dividers into case forming machine.
- Use case making equipment in a safe manner.
- Notify the appropriate coworker or assignee when supplies at
the machine need to be replenished.
- Communicate with incoming shift or line replacement on any
problems with quality, machine, and packing configurations.
- Assist with rework and heldware to ensure effective
- Assist in the training of regular and temporary workforce in
stacking, packing quality, and case machines.
- Keep work area and other facilities clean, orderly and
- Complete written documentation as required.
- Limited travel may be required Qualifications Previous
manufacturing experience a plus.Packaging Specialists are required
to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers.
Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also
essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the
ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while
maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to
completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed
routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly
both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group
objectives; volunteers to help others. EEO Disclaimer Graham
Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental
disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status,
veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Graham Packaging, Broken Arrow , Packaging Specialist (Non-Union): GH0012 start rate$16.63 per hour, Other , Muskogee, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!