Speech Language Pathologist - SLP PRN
Company: Cornerstone Healthcare Group
Location: Broken Arrow
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Cornerstone Healthcare Group, based in Dallas, Texas, was
founded in 1990 and provides excellent healthcare services to our
patients, residents and their families.
Our employees make a difference, join us so you can too! We
pride ourselves on our quality of care, responsive service, and
commitment to excellence. We treat each employee, patient and
resident like we would a member of our own family, and measure our
success by the direct impact we have on improving the quality of
life for our employees, patients and residents.
The Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for the
assessment of referred patients, ranging in age from 18 years to
geriatric who are experiencing medically complex conditions or
medical surgical conditions requiring rehabilitation and/or wound
The Speech Language Pathologist duties include:
- Conduct appropriate evaluations, assesses and identifies
equipment needs relative to to speech/language function.
- Identifies functional speech defeats and establishes aplan of
care to improve patient's function.
- Administers speech therapy program utilizing specializing
therapeutic technique and/or equipment.
- Recommends communication devices/aid as indicated.
- Documents the course of patient care including progess made and
continuing need for treatment.
- Provides patient and family caregiver education on tasks and
resources that will assist with continued functional
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other
services and refers as appropriate
- Participate in case conferences, in-services and other meetings
as needed ensuring coordinated and comprehensive care.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance
- Knowledge and experience in the needs of patients ranging in
age from 18 to geriatric.
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards
of practice in job situations.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; excellent writing
and speaking skills.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software
applications used in job functions (Word processing, graphics,
databases, spreadsheets, etc.)
Education and/or Experience:
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current license for Speech Language Pathology field in state of
- Must maintain current Provider CPR certification throughout
Keywords: Cornerstone Healthcare Group, Broken Arrow , Speech Language Pathologist - SLP PRN, Other , Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!