Company: State of Oklahoma
Posted on: June 8, 2021
To apply for this position, email your cover letter and resume
Please indicate the job title and location that you are applying
for with Tourism.
Resumes will be accepted until June 17, 2021 at 5PM.
The Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department's (OTRD) mission
is to advance the exceptional quality of life in Oklahoma by
preserving, maintaining, and promoting our natural assets and
OTRD is seeking a full-time unclassified Recreational
Coordinator to plan, supervise and direct recreation programs at
Greenleaf State Park in Braggs, OK. OTRD offers a comprehensive
benefits package, including a benefit allowance to offset the cost
of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
The annual salary for this position is $32,264.
Under general supervision, plans, supervises and directs a
recreation program at a state lodge, resort, or park.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Develops environmental educational and recreational programs
for resort and park visitors.
- Organizes activities; interprets the natural and cultural
resources of the park area; leads nature walks.
- Constructs and maintains trails and displays within park nature
- Conducts educational programs for schools, scout groups, and
others at locations that may be outside the park itself.
- Prepares and submits required reports, evaluations and visitor
- Directs recreational programs and social activities programs
for users of state facilities.
- Plans, schedules, coordinates and directs recreational programs
including arts and crafts, land and water sports, table games,
hikes, bicycle and horseback riding, hayrides, nature appreciation,
and social functions.
- Provides tours of facilities, natural resources, and recreation
areas; provides detailed information concerning state facilities or
- Requests, receives and accounts for supplies and equipment
required and used for all recreation programs; institutes system of
control, accountability, and maintenance of supplies and equipment
to insure continuous availability to users.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the swimming pools to the
requirements of the OK State Department of Health.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the tennis courts,
volleyball courts, horseshoe pits, and poolside courtyard.
- Must have or obtain CPR certification. Certification must be
- Performs related work as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Knowledge of recreation programs and of methods involved in
planning and conducting a recreational program. Knowledge of
environmental science and natural and cultural history. Skill in
conducting group activities; in establishing and maintaining
effective working relationships with facility staff or tourists;
and, in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Requirements at this level consist of a bachelor's degree in an
environmental or biological science or Park and Recreation; or an
equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting
one year of qualifying experience for each year of the bachelor's
Veteran's preference points apply only for initial appointment
in the classified service.
Keywords: State of Oklahoma, Broken Arrow , Recreational Coordinator, Other , Muskogee, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!