Field Service Technician
Company: Windstream Communications
Location: Broken Arrow
Posted on: June 8, 2021
"Windstream is considered an essential business and we are
HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and
wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is
our top priority."
This Position Follows a Union Bidding Process
About the Role:
Windstream's team of Field Service Technicians are vital team
members who represent our leading telecommunications brand that
connects homeowners, small business, enterprise and carrier
partners across the United States. Our team of Field Service
Technicians care about technology and connecting customers to
products they value. Through providing technical expertise and
customer support, our Field Service Technicians create meaningful
connections with customers that create long-term relationships.
What You'll Do:
- Install and repair residential and business communications
services including telephone, internet, and video.
- Train and work with tools and test equipment to provide service
of multiple different technologies and network designs.
- Recommend products and services that resolve their
- Work in both buried and aerial plant requiring pole climbing
and ladder skills.
- Safely operate and maintain clean and organized company service
- Work in both inside and outside environments.
- Complete necessary safety training and follow safety standards
- You will report to the Manager of Local Operations
Do You Have?
- Basic technology and math skills
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Ability to distinguish colors in use of color-coded cable.
- Ability to use equipment with maximum load capacity of
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, capable of working aloft.
- Ability to successfully complete required safety training.
- Ability to work assigned schedules and extended hours including
day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Ability to respond to after hour call-outs.
- High School Degree or GED equivalent
- Customer service or sale experience.
- Certifications or training directly related to the
- Two-year technical degree in computers or electronics, or the
equivalent in work experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- Identify Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Participation in Windstream's benefit plans by employees in
bargaining units is subject to the terms of their collective
Windstream Holdings, Inc., is a leading provider of advance
network communications and technology solutions for consumers,
small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners
across the U.S.
Keywords: Windstream Communications, Broken Arrow , Field Service Technician, Other , Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!