Utilities Service Worker-Sewer Repair & Construction
Company: City of Broken Arrow, OK
Location: Broken Arrow
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under general supervision, participates in the installation,
maintenance, and repair of the City's water and wastewater systems
and may be assigned to a water, sewer, or construction team.
- This position performs duties deemed to be "safety-sensitive"
and is therefore subjected to random drug testing under the City's
Essential Job Functions
- Installs and repairs water and wastewater lines and mains.
- Repairs fire hydrants, water services, meters, and meter
- Operates light and heavy equipment.
- Locates sewer or water lines.
- Installs new service taps.
- Set up of specialized equipment according to guidelines.
- Cleans up of work sites and assists in the maintenance of the
stations and grounds.
- Flags traffic at work sites.
- Clears hazardous debris from roadways.
- Checks and repairs meter boxes and leaks.
- Cleans blockages from sewer mains.
- Maintains assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Raises and lowers manholes.
- Responds to after-hours emergency situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
Requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent, supplemented
by a minimum of 1 year of related experience; or an equivalent
combination of education, training and experience that provides the
required knowledge, skills and abilities. Possession of or ability
to readily obtain a valid Driver's License issued by the State of
Oklahoma for the type of vehicle or equipment operated; Class A or
B Commercial Driver's License preferred. Possession of or ability
to readily obtain an ODEQ Class D Water License within 6 months of
employment is required.
Keywords: City of Broken Arrow, OK, Broken Arrow , Utilities Service Worker-Sewer Repair & Construction, Other , Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!