Data Center Facilities Technician
Company: Google Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- 2 years of experience at journeyman or technician level in a
critical environment or in mechanical/HVAC and/or electrical
- Ability to lift and move 50 lbs of equipment, work on
platforms/ladders and under raised floors.
- Ability to work non-standard hours, including weekends,
holidays, and on shift-based schedules.
- Experience working in data centers, hospitals or power
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with
About the job
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most
sophisticated electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and
HVAC systems in the world. Facilities Technicians at Google data
centers operate, monitor and support physical facilities
conditions. Some of these duties will include heating and cooling
of air and water, power supply, generators, UPS systems, electrical
distribution and control and monitoring systems. You regularly help
inspect, maintain and repair various data center systems such as
piping and non-critical electrical or mechanical system
components). You provide daily assistance to senior technicians as
you read blueprints/schematics, conduct tours of systems and assess
their working order.
As an advocate for best practices, you develop creative
approaches to reducing operational costs while improving overall
data center efficiency. You ensure that environmental and safety
standards are consistently met, identifying problems and making
repairs quickly. In emergency situations or abnormal conditions,
you manage data center performance issues and outages to minimize
the recovery time from failures.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built
by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From
developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next
generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio
possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love
voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them.
We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the
best and fastest experience possible.
- Be responsible for the uptime and maintenance of water pumps
and treatment systems, HVAC, UPS, generators, electrical
distribution and Control and Monitoring Systems.
- Support startup, commissioning, and integration of new
equipment and systems into facilities infrastructure.
- Provide tracking and trending operational characteristics.
- Provide daily assistance to senior technicians as you read
blueprints/schematics, conduct tours of systems and assess their
- Inspect, maintain and repair various data center systems such
as piping and non-critical electrical or mechanical system
Keywords: Google Inc., Broken Arrow , Data Center Facilities Technician, Other , Pryor, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!