Probation Services Technician
Company: United States Courts
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Court Name/Organization: Oklahoma Eastern Prob/Pretrial Office
Location: Muskogee, OK Opening and Closing Dates: 04/12/2021 - Open
Until Filled Appointment Type: N/A Classification Level/Grade:
CL-25 Link to Court Careers Information: https://www.oked.uscourts.gov/employment-opportunities
Announcement Number: 21-04 Link to Job Announcement
- Conducts case file reviews and advises officers of matters
needing their attention. Prepares and updates case files and
reports in investigation and supervision, at the direction of an
officer and in accordance with established policies and
- Assists officers in the performance of select investigations,
including compiling criminal histories/profiles, running record
checks through local and national databases and files, conducting
inquiries with collateral agencies, and performing other similar
activities. Visits or contacts various local, state, and national
law enforcement and regulatory agencies to collect and record
information. Provides officers with verifiable and supportable
documentation to assist in completion of reports.
- Maintains and mails or transports tests and materials to
laboratories for confirmation. Maintains chain of custody of
urinalysis testing materials and inventory of supplies.
- Processes incoming correspondence, including offender reports,
properly documenting, distributing, and recording. Prepares and
processes forms and documents, ensuring consistency and accuracy
among court-supplied documents, officer reports, and related
- Assists officers in monitoring and processing monthly
supervision reports. Verifies financial status/balances and
notifies officers of problems or issues.
- Receives and transfers case files from other districts.
- Opens, closes, and updates information into computerized
records, including the Probation Automated Case Tracking System
(PACTS). Researches information from case records and enters into
system as appropriate. Screens forms completed by officers and
requests corrections as needed. Retrieves information from
databases and generates periodic reports. Scans, creates PDF files,
enters data, and uploads documents into PACTS as required.
- Provides general clerical office support by performing any or
all of the following tasks: Answers telephones and takes messages,
copies and distributes documents, sends and receives faxes and
electronic mail messages, receives all incoming mail and packages,
completes receiving reports, and distributed accordingly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Applicant will have completed an undergraduate or graduate
degree in social work, criminal justice, criminology, psychology,
sociology, human relations, or a related field of study.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Skill in using personal computers and software applications,
specifically Windows 10, scanners, copy machines, data entry, MS
Office 365, and Outlook.
- Flexibility in adapting to workplace changes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Ability to meet required deadlines and maintain tracking
systems related to cases.
- Ability to maintain concentration despite interruptions.
- Ability to type.
- Good knowledge of office procedures, practices, and
- Extensive knowledge of proper grammar usage and the ability to
- General knowledge of the criminal justice system and legal
- Up to 13 days paid vacation per year for the first three (3)
years of employment, thereafter, 20 to 26 days per year, dependent
upon the length of federal service
- A minimum of ten (10) paid holidays per year
- Mandatory participation in the federal retirement system and
social security program
- Optional participation in the federal health insurance program
of your choice
- Optional vision and dental programs are offered
- Optional participation in the flexible spending program for
health and childcare
- Optional participation in a group life insurance program
- Retirement - Basic Benefit (FERS employees)
- Thrift Savings Plan
How To Apply
The application packet consists of:
- Cover letter
- Resume (two-page maximum)
- AO78, Federal Judicial Branch Application for Employment
Please email the entire packet as one attachment in PDF format
with "Vacancy #21-04" in the subject line to:
The federal Judiciary is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Keywords: United States Courts, Broken Arrow , Probation Services Technician, Other , Muskogee, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!