Technical Program Manager
Location: Broken Arrow
Posted on: September 20, 2022
WE GO BEYOND THE OBVIOUS, USING INTELLIGENCE, PASSION AND
CREATIVITY TO INSPIRE NEW THINKING AND SHAPE THE WORLD WE LIVE IN.
TO START A CAREER THAT IS OUT OF THE ORDINARY, PLEASE APPLY...JOB
DETAILSWe are a leading evidence and advisory business for
governments, multilateral organizations, and the private sector.
With our roots in the world's oldest and best-known social research
businesses, we have been partnering with clients across the globe
to answer the next generation of public policy challenges for
almost ninety years.Today, we work at the intersection of data,
technology, and human understanding. Our specialist teams create
the evidence required for decision making, and advise clients on
national statistics and longitudinal programmes, public policy
design and evaluation, ground-breaking behavior change programmes,
and public opinion trends.We pioneer technologies that support new
ways to reach and connect with citizens, often in challenging and
hard-to-reach environments. We speak with hundreds of thousands of
citizens every year on behalf of clients who trust us to define the
gold standard of data integrity. We use our unique data ecosystem
to provide the first evidence that enables governments to respond
quickly at times of crisis. In the everyday, we continuously invest
in our expertise in behavioral science and social change to tackle
the world's most pressing social, environmental, and economic
challenges.From advising governments on gender equality in the
workplace, to providing the measure of national inflation,
transforming the citizen experience of publicservices, or improving
access to education in lower income countries - our consultants
work across the breadth of public policy to build the quality of
the public realm.Visit www.kantarpublic.com for more
information.Role DescriptionKantar Public's Development Practice
technical program manager will be responsible for ensuring that
sound management principles and tools are employed in the processes
and procedures of Kantar Public's Development Practice technical
unit in the areas of MEL, CLA, Data Analytics and Social and
Behavior Change. The Program Manger reports to the VP Technical
Development Practice.Overall Role ResponsibilitiesThe Technical
Program Manager will:
- Provide technical, management, procedural, and administrative
support to the unit in the areas of MEL, CLA, Social and Behavior
Change and Data Analytics.
- Manage all operations, including but not limited to performance
management processes, USG compliance oversight
- Support the VP Technical and technical directors to develop,
implement, and troubleshoot strategies, plans, and procedures;
ensure consistency in across the technical division.
- Maintains a variety of organizational tools to manage staff,
including consultant rosters, leave schedules, and org chart
- Serve as project manager for designated projects including
deliverable coordination, technical direction, staffing,
contractual/subcontract oversight, budgeting, monitoring of
progress, review of final products.
- Liaise between field and headquarters office teams on
operational, contractual, human resource, and administrative
matters. Maintain and manage a positive working relationship with
consultants and clients.
- Draft terms of reference for technical assistance activities
for designated projects. Recruit subcontracts and consultants to
carry out required tasks.
- Monitor project budgets, project invoices, and monthly
- Identify budget and schedule risks, monitor and report on
- Support start-up and close out of projects as needed.
- Train and mentor junior staff.TECHNICAL
- Undertake technical research to support on-going project and
practice initiatives, including in key areas of growth.
- Engage in short-term technical assignments on projects.
- Coordinate and contribute to the completion of technical
- Support field implementation activities.
- Facilitate of workshops and stakeholder meetings during field
visits for relevant projects and/or proposals.
- Represent Kantar Public as a technical professional, to include
presentations on technical topics at external networking events and
participation in subject matter working groups internally and
- Contribute to technical reports and thought pieces for clients,
internal Kantar reports, and the broader international development
- Contribute to pre-proposal and proposal efforts through
coordination, market research, recruitment, and other areas as
- Support opportunity teaming efforts including identification of
partners, evaluation of qualifications, partner outreach, and
- Support development of technical approaches and development of
- Provide written inputs to various sections of proposals
including technical narratives, staffing, qualifications,
management, and other, as required by the requests for proposals
- Participate in overseas marketing initiatives, targeting key
private and public sector stakeholders and/or USAID.
- Liaise with recruiters and field staff to identify, interview,
and recruit the best candidates for upcoming projects.
- Conceptualize and draft marketing materials in consultation
with communications staff.
- Identify new opportunities through desktop and in-country
- Undergraduate degree in international relations, government,
- 3-7 years of progressively responsible technical experience in
international development working on the project activities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in project coordination for various clients, public
and private sector.
- Experience providing business development and proposal
coordinating support for United States Government development
institutions and other international development
- Strong analytical capabilities, critical thinking skills.
- Clear and concise writing capabilities.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail and passion for
- Willingness to travel overseas to developing countries up to
20% of the time.
- Project management experience on large, complex donor-funded
- Experience working on proposals for United States Government
development institutions and other international development
- Overseas experience in developing countries, either short- or
long-term, preferredPrivacy and Legal StatementPRIVACY DISCLOSURE:
Please note that by applying to this opportunity you consent to the
personal data you provide to us to be processed and retained by The
Kantar Group Limited ("Kantar"). Your details will be kept on our
Internal ATS (Applicant Tracking System) for as long as is
necessary for the purposes of recruitment, which may include your
details being shared with the hiring manager(s) and for
consideration for potential future opportunities by Kantar and its
affiliate Kantar group companies. For full details of our privacy
policy please visit www.kantarpublic.comKANTAR REWARDS STATEMENTAt
Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based
around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our
approach helps to ensure we are market competitiveand alsoto
support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career
progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver. We go
beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to
inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in. Apply for a
career that's out of the ordinary and join us.We want to create an
equality of opportunity in a fair and supportive working
environment where people feel included, accepted and are allowed to
flourish in a space where their mental health andwell beingis taken
into consideration.At Kantar Public, the diversity of our employees
provides a richer environment for our people, and broader depth and
breadth of thinking for our clients. We are committed to inclusion
and diversity. We want to create a more diverse community to expand
our talent pool, be locally representative, drive diversity of
thinking and better commercial outcomes.Therefore, we welcome
applications from all sections of society and do not discriminate
on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, or any
other legally protected characteristics.Kantar is the world's
leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more
about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than
anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with
advanced technologies, Kantar's 30,000 people help the world's
leading organisations succeed and grow.
Keywords: Kantar, Broken Arrow , Technical Program Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!