Physician Assistant- Hospitalist - Muskogee, Oklahoma - Acute Care
Company: Jack C Montgomery VA Medical Center
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Physician Assistant- Hospitalist - Muskogee, Oklahoma
The incumbent will be part of the Facility's Hospitalist Team and
his/her duties include, but are not limited to:
- Admits and manages inpatients including patients, including in
the Intensive Care Unit, with general adult medical illnesses. This
includes admitting patients and performing histories and physical
examinations; rounding on patients and writing progress notes;
discharge planning and timely completion of discharge
- Works closely with specialists and primary care Physicians to
ensure that inpatients receive continuous high-quality
- Coordinates the transfer of patients with other hospitals if
- Provides inpatient internal medicine consultations to other
services, including but not limited to, Mental Health, Rehab, and
- Participates in quality assurance programs and chart
- Communicates with incoming and off going Hospitalists to ensure
continuity of care.
- Attends Medical Service staff meetings and meetings of the
Medical/Dental staff whenever scheduling allows.
- Serves on Medical Staff committees.
- Completes all medical records (including discharge summaries)
in accordance with Bylaws, Rules and Regulations of the Medical
- Ability to participate in the teaching of medical residents and
- Ability to perform minor bedside procedures (Central venous
access / arterial line placement/ paracentesis / thoracentesis /
intubation/ vent management).
- Ensure discharge summaries are completed timely. Ideally, the
discharge summary will be dictated prior to patient being
discharged from facility.
- Documentation of care in the medical record in keeping with the
bylaws of the Medical Center.
- Provide supervisory oversight residents, fellows, medical
students, PA students, as appropriate, who are assigned to the
Medicine Inpatient/ER Service.
- Provide supervisory oversight of the clinical care on the
Medicine Inpatient/ER service and ambulatory clinic of Physician
Assistants as appropriate.
- Participates effectively in team meetings and treatment
planning conferences and collaborates with multidisciplinary team
members in a manner that enhances coordination of comprehensive
- Ensures that the practice of medicine is consistent with Joint
Commission, CARF, VA policies and procedures, clinical practice
guidelines, VISN standards, national statutes and regulations,
medical record documentation, mandatory continuing education, and
- Involved in performance improvement and quality assurance
- Provides leadership guidance and consultation to
- Is involved in the supervision and teaching of residents and
other trainees assigned to service as appropriate.
- Serves as a consultant to other medical center staff and
trainees and assist in implementation of treatment plan as
appropriate regarding their patients.
- Is responsible for timely completion of all clinical charting
and documentation required by the Medical Center or healthcare
system, as appropriate.
- Plans and oversees the completion of personal research programs
that might further the educational and mission goals of the VA
- Serve on Medical Center, VISN and/or National VA committees or
- Represent the Medicine Inpatient/ER Service on hospital
committees as directed by the Chief of Medicine Inpatient/ER, Chief
of Staff and Medical Center Director.
- Maintain CME and re-licensure as dictated by Veterans
Administration, State, and the American Board of Internal Medicine
rules and regulations.
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. this may be a
week on/off position.
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Keywords: Jack C Montgomery VA Medical Center, Broken Arrow , Physician Assistant- Hospitalist - Muskogee, Oklahoma - Acute Care, Healthcare , Muskogee, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!