Registered Nurse (Multiple Vacancies) - McAlester, Oklahoma - Intermediate Care
Company: Jack C Montgomery VA Medical Center
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Registered Nurse (Multiple Vacancies) - McAlester, Oklahoma
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the
- Intensive Care Nurse: performs duties As a Staff Nurse for the
ICU, you will provide emergent/urgent care to acute and chronically
ill Veterans. Duties include but are not limited to: documenting
observations, assessments, and changes in patient's condition;
collaborating with health team members to facilitate positive
patient care outcomes; providing a full range of nursing care to
patients with a variety of physical and/or behavior problems; Our
facility is seeking individuals who possess good organizational
skills which enable completion of work, a demonstrated ability to
assume leadership in a patient centered program, and the ability to
establish effective communication with patients, families, visitors
and members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Operating Room Nurse perform duties: Incumbent must be
self-directed and competent to work independently, able to work
with teams of various professions, able to work under stressful
situations, and have the physical ability to to stand for long
periods of time when in the scrub role. Incumbent will be expected
to scrub and circulate for all surgical specialties.
- Emergency Room Nurse performs duties: Manages the care of the
surgical patient in a manner which maintains a safe environment for
staff, patients and families; ensures compliance with regulatory
body standards and hospital policies and procedures; maintains
standards of efficiency and cost effectiveness; and promotes a
learning environment for all team members.
- Inpatient Mental Health Nurse performs duties: The Registered
Nurse is responsible for duties serving in Behavioral Health that
is a fast paced and provides care for patients. Each area requires
excellent assessment skills and critical thinking ability. Must be
able to adapt to rapidly changing conditions of patients and
communicate effectively with other healthcare providers. Actively
removes barriers through active collaboration with Chief Nurse
Ambulatory Care Services and Nurse Manager, along with support
services. The delivery of care is in accordance with established
standards, hospital policies and procedures, and consistent with
the plan of other health care providers.
Other duties for all of the above may include:
- Completes admission assessment on assigned patients within 24
hours of admission.
- Documents reassessments of patient condition every 8-12 hours
or more frequently as needed.
- Verifies physicians' orders using CPRS.
- Documents vital signs and assessments using CPRS.
- Take verbal and telephone orders per policy.
- Completes patient care plans according to policy.
- Plans for discharge/transfer of patients including completing
discharge/transfer note in CPRS.
- Documents medications using BCMA (Bar Code Medication
- Provides individualized patient care consistent with identified
knowledge of patient's strengths and limitations.
- Is proactive in identifying potential crisis situations and
responds appropriately in emergency/code situations.
- Initiates referrals and/or consultations as appropriate to
achieve the multidisciplinary plan of care.
- Functions independently in performing more complex treatments,
procedures and advanced technology specific to the scope of care on
assigned unit according to the Procedure Manual (ie chemotherapy
- Recovers post procedure patients (ie heart caths, vascular,
G.I., Renal, angios).
- Performs blood draws and venipuncture for IV therapies, IV push
medications, and TPN and blood products according to policy using a
variety of access devices.
- Sets up and monitors a variety of pumps, including
- Promotes and provides health care teaching to patient and
- Other duties as assigned by each of the specialized services as
Permanent Change of Station (PCS)
PCS Appraised Value Offer (AVO)
Financial Disclosure Report:
Strongly Encourage to submit the VA Form 10-2850a:
Keywords: Jack C Montgomery VA Medical Center, Broken Arrow , Registered Nurse (Multiple Vacancies) - McAlester, Oklahoma - Intermediate Care, Healthcare , Mcalester, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!