Hospital Admissions Coordinator
Location: Broken Arrow
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Ascension at Home - Together with Compassus Associates: Please
apply via WorkdayPosition SummaryThe Admissions Coordinator Home
Health is responsible for modeling the 3 Company values of
Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence, and for promoting the
Compassus philosophy, using the 6 Pillars of success as the
foundation. S/he is responsible for upholding the Code of Ethical
Conduct and for promoting positive working relationships within the
company, among all departments, and all external stakeholders. The
Admissions Coordinator Home Health is responsible for accepting and
declining of referrals sent to the branches and overseeing the
referral from intake to scheduling of the admission visit.
Admission coordinators are responsible for notifying referral
sources of Non-Admission referrals. Additional responsibilities
include coordination of a completed home health referral which
includes HH orders, patient demographics, insurance information,
F2F encounter note and a following physician is verified for
services. Position Specific Responsibilities
- Verifies all referral elements are present for an
- Coordinates referral management with the sales team and CTCs in
order for an admission.
- Maintains consistent knowledge of program referral capacity
- Participates in agency quality improvement programs as
- Participates in regularly scheduled daily stand-up meetings for
coordination of services, exchange of information and problem
solving, and to receive staff support and education as
- Applies the policies and procedures of the home health program
and the rules and regulations of Federal and State regulatory
agencies, including HIPAA, Face-to-Face, and other certifying
agencies in performing duties.
- Maintains confidentiality of necessary information.
- Develops and Maintains a close working relationship with all of
the team disciplines.
- Utilizes Best Practices shared by the Administrator, the
Director of Business Development and the Business Development
Specialist and pre-qualifying potential referrals with referral
- Documents and routes service issues according to the policy and
procedure set by the agency.
- Participates in training courses/sessions as required.
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Team meetings as needed.
- Attends weekly sales meetings.
- Prepares reports as required.
- Adheres to all established Company policies.
- Documents non-admit referrals.
- Obtains orders and documentation need for admissions.
- Provides home health information to patients/families as
- Communicates to staff any referral, admission, and resumption
- Works closely with PAs for data integrity.
- Ensures information regarding referral source is accurate.
- Captures required information on intake form.
- Accepts other assignments deemed appropriate.
- Regular attendance is an essential function.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree or two to three
years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
- College degree preferred
- Experience in insurance and Medicare/Medicaid billing and
- History of effective communication with physicians, nurses and
other healthcare personnel
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret
general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports,
business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
leaders, colleagues, investors, and external parties. Strong
written and verbal communications.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to understand, read, write,
and speak English. Articulates and embraces hospice philosophy.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by a
colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While
performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly
required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and hear.
The colleague frequently is required to stand, sit, and reach with
hands and arms. The colleague is occasionally required to walk;
climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or
smell. The colleague must frequently lift and/or move more than 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision. The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. There will be possible
exposure to infectious diseases through working with clinical
caregivers. The noise level in the work environment is usually
At Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, diversity,
equity, and inclusion are fundamental to our Pillars of Success. We
are committed to creating a fair work environment where our
colleagues feel welcomed, highly valued, and respected. As an equal
opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
Keywords: Compassus, Broken Arrow , Hospital Admissions Coordinator, Healthcare , Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!