Cost Manager / Quantity Surveyor - Data Center Construction
Company: Turner & Townsend
Posted on: November 19, 2021
At Turner & Townsend we're passionate about making the difference.
That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our
people to realize their potential, anddoing our part to create a
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and
highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused. Our clients
value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the
quality we deliver. As a result our people get to work on some of
the most exciting projects in the world.
Turner & Townsend's vision is to expand our global footprint. The
US is currently our biggest growth market, however we have
opportunities across the globe. So wherever you are, if you are the
right candidate, we want to hear from you.
Turner & Townsend are engaged to support our clients with many
complex projects, responsible for all aspects of cost management
and project delivery and we are seeking the ideal Quantity Surveyor
/ Cost Manager to act as the day-to-day interface with the client
and drive large-scale data centerprojects to achieve excellent
outcomes. You have a chance to be a key player in our technological
future, as part of a team of innovative professionals shaping our
*For this role data center experience is required, andyou must be
willing to relocate across the US.*
Thisrole is to provide cost control and estimating services on our
high-profile technology client's data center program. To be
successful in this role you must becomfortable operating in a
client-facing roleand managing difficult stakeholders.
- Estimating and negotiating change orders throughout the
- Provide estimate and cost planning to include producing and
presenting the final cost plan.
- Review and participate with the design services team and
general contractor, in the development of the cost estimates.
- Reconcile changes and assist the general contractor to ensure
that their data is accurate.
- Communicate or meet with general contractor and owner project
manager to gather status information to prepare a cost estimate
- Prepare written comments to the general contractor's
submissions, including the executive summary.
- Coordinate all sources of cost information for cost discussions
and suppliers direct from NPA, subs, quantities from A/Es,.
- Inform and drive engineering priorities based on cost
- Work proactively with minimal supervision to resolve scheduling
- Manage cost checks and carry out valuations on larger projects.
Complete timely, accurate cost checking and valuation
- Participate effectively with post contract cost variances and
the change control processes.
- Manage Cost impact / contingency management and commitment
- Prepare funding data presentations and coordinate VE sessions
with stakeholders.You will also be responsible for:
- Developing cost plans and estimates through the design phase,
delivering updated cost plans at appropriate design
- Providing commercial input to design optioneering and input
into value engineering exercises.
- Reviewing contractor and subcontractor pricing and leading
negotiations on behalf of the client to drive fair contract
- Performing quantity surveying, cost controls and change
management activities throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control
processes are managed effectively.
- Ensuring that cost auditing and valuation work is managed
effectively and that a robust process for cost validation is in
- Carrying out the production of monthly cost reports for
presentation to the client.
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed in a
- Compiling as built cost estimate records for benchmarking
The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years in a construction Cost
Management role and the ability to be highly effective in a client
facing role. Must be willing torelocate across the US.
- College and/or post-graduate degree in construction management,
cost management, quantity surveying, engineering or field related
- RICS accredited or working towards.
- Data Center experience is required
- Experience of leading cost management on medium or large sized
construction projects of medium to high complexity.
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such
as different procurement routes, value management and value
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran
status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of
disability.Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you'd like to
view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan, please
email[email protected]. If you are an individual with a disability
and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the
employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources
Department at or[email protected]. This telephone line and email
address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities
requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job
application process. Please do not call about the status of your
job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or
an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as
following up on an application or non-disability related technical
issues, will not receive a response.
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited
CV's that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring
managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or
that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited
CV's will be treated as a direct application.
Keywords: Turner & Townsend, Broken Arrow , Cost Manager / Quantity Surveyor - Data Center Construction, Executive , Pryor, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!