Quality Systems Manager
Location: Fort Gibson
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Instill Food Safety and Quality Mindset throughout
- Promote and Support Food Safety and Quality Programs
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of regulatory and current
SQF audit code requirements for food manufacturers and develop
familiarity with the Refresco Quality Management System.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate the policies and procedures
and illustrate how they address both regulatory and audit code
- Develop procedures to support the Quality Management System
Policies as needed.
- Develop training materials needed for Quality Management System
- Develop and execute audits of Quality Management System
- Demonstrate Leadership Ability - Be an enthusiastic supporter
of the Quality Management System and an Empowered Influencer of
Maintain Certifications and Expand Knowledge through Manufacturing
- Maintain currency in required certifications
- SQF Practitioner
- Food Defense Practitioner
- Better Process Control
- Possess and maintain necessary training and experience to act
as a Qualified Preventative Controls Individual.
- Support implementation of programs initiated to address
regulatory changes; support new manufacturing systems, execute new
- Participate in offered training necessary to understand
compliance with requirements of regulatory changes, new
manufacturing systems, or new product lines.
- Work with Regulatory and Compliance to identify necessary
procedures and practices to initiate in response to regulatory
changes, new manufacturing systems, or new product lines.
- Assist with development of policies and standard operating
procedures to comply with regulatory changes, new manufacturing
systems, or new product lines.
- Act as the principle Plant Quality contact for Change
- Ensure the change management process identifies necessary
adjustments or changes to the Quality Management Program and that
they are appropriately executed.
- Develop and maintain associate training for new programs,
systems or products.
- Show Active Hands-on Involvement and Understanding of Food
Safety and Quality Program.
- Demonstrate understanding of manufacturing environment and
impact of Food Safety and Quality Program. Develop familiarity with
Refresco products, manufacturing facilities and processes.
- Receive hands-on training in the key food safety areas of
assigned facility: Receiving, Batching, Manufacturing, Sanitation,
Quality, Warehousing, Shipping.
- Execute Refresco Quality Management System Verification and
- Develop routine audit protocols to verify appropriate execution
of Preventative Controls by the facility.
- Coordinate calendar of verification audits and designated tasks
with Corporate Quality and Plant and Plant Quality Managers.
- Independently conduct routine Refresco Food Safety/Defense;
GMP; and HACCP audits of the assigned manufacturing plant.
- Conduct audits of outside warehouses, co-packers, and suppliers
that support assigned facility as needed to verify continuing
compliance to Refresco Quality Management System.
- Assist the facility with appropriate risk assessments.
- Document and distribute audit results to facility management,
to Regional Field Manager, and to Quality Systems Director within
one week after audit. Identify and prioritize audit deficiencies,
request corrective actions.
- Review corrective actions proposed by facility and approve if
appropriate. Develop plan to verify corrective action compliance on
an ongoing basis.
- Routinely monitor Preventative Controls correction
effectiveness to identify necessary corrective action
- Develop and perform routine validation audits of Quality
- Communicate and identify gaps to facility management, Regional
Field Quality Manager and to Director Quality Systems within one
week after audit completion.
- In partnership with Director Quality Systems adjust policies or
with plant management and Regional Field Quality Manager adjust
standard operating procedures to address identified
- Maintain documents associated with verification and validation
activities in shared repository.
- Participate in the Refresco Quality Management System
Continuous Improvement Activities.
A key responsibility of the Manager Quality Compliance will be to
ensure that appropriate reviews occur to support consistent
Continuous Improvement of the Quality Management System:
- Act as the primary contact for communication of requirement
changes. These include regulatory and audit code updates, federal
guidance publications, and Food and Drug warning letter
- Assist with the development and implementation of appropriate
programs to address those changes.
- Identify and communicate the facility s Food Safety and Quality
Best Practices, and work with the Regional Field Quality Manager to
disperse to the organization.
- Identify Food Safety and Quality roadblocks and restrictions at
the facility and work closely with Plant Management, the Regional
Field Quality Manager to develop action plans for improvement.
- Develop matrix to monitor and assess overall status of Refresco
Quality Management System at the facility. Using the Refresco
Quality Management System and audit codes as a guide, identify
appropriate factors for the matrix, and issue report for facility
on a yearly basis.
Sponsor execution of the Change Management Program. Ensure
appropriate coordination and execution of change management as
defined in the Refresco Quality Management System occurs:
- Perform Change Management Assessment for proposed changes and
maintain documents in central repository.
- Act as Plant Quality sponsor to support the Regional Field
Quality Manager s role as the Corporate Quality change management
- Develop program to verify continuing application of Change
- Develop program to validate Change Management process.
- Include validation results as part of the yearly Refresco
Quality Management Systems report.
Maintain Robust Communication within the facility management team
and Quality Management. Use appropriate tools to ensure
coordination and good communication within these functional
- Working within the department strategic plan, and in
partnership with the Quality Systems Director, identify long-term
plan and appropriate strategies biannually. Set goals and mileposts
and monitor progress with Quality Systems Director.
- Submit weekly report to Quality Systems Director, using a
standard format developed with the Director. Report will review
status of current projects and activities and goals for coming
- Participate in weekly one-on-one conversation with Director to
review weekly report, the strategic plan and goals, and to cascade
Participate in the weekly Quality systems conference call:
- Document and review past week s activities and focus for coming
- Discuss options to address any opportunities or roadblocks that
have been encountered during the week.
Support Drive for Continuous Improvement:
- Assist Plant Quality Management Development.
- Support Plant Quality Management and the Regional Field Quality
Manager through assistance with development of training
- Develop appropriate training materials for Plant Quality
Managers prior to the implementation. of new or revised Quality
Management System programs.
- Audit training execution and effectiveness.
Collaborate with Field Quality Manager, Product Development and Lab
Services. Collaborate with Field Quality Manager, Product
Development and Lab Services to drive programs for continuous
- Implement program to monitor commercialization effectiveness of
new formulas. Identify develop gaps and modify process/program to
- Implement improvement programs developed by PD and Quality,
develop process to monitor effectiveness and communicate results to
PD and Quality
- Maintain Budget Performance. Perform within approved department
- Maintain adherence to the budget goals
- Encourage the development of programs and corrective actions
that address deficiencies in a cost effective manner.
- Promote a Robust Corrective Action Program. Ensure that the
corrective action process is correctly executed and results are
- Ensure that corrective action triggers defined in the
corrective action policy are followed
- Ensure proper execution of correction and corrective action
- Ensure use of standardized methods and documents and use of the
central repository for corrective action execution
- Sponsor corrective action activities in the following
- Work with plant management to identify team members
- Understand DMAIC tools and assist Corrective Action teams in
the DMAIC process
- Maintain record of team activities, assigned actions,
timelines, and output
- Follow-up to ensure assigned timelines are met
- Verify completion of team s assigned actions
- Verify corrective action is implemented
- Develop plan to validate and document said validation of
Corrective Actions after implementation. Communicate ineffective
corrective actions to plant management and Quality Compliance for
further development and action.
- Document and communicate findings and results to Regional
Quality Managers and Quality Compliance to support identification
and incorporation of Best Practices throughout the
- Must have Bachelor s Degree in Food Science or related
- Laboratory experience of 5 to 7 years working in Quality
Control or Quality Assurance Management, and be familiar with the
- Knowledge of the FDA and GMP guidelines for food manufacturing
facilities, knowledge in HACCP and GFSI (preferably SQF)
principles, and an understanding of sanitation principles utilized
in a food manufacturing facility. ASQ Certification or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills
with demonstrated ability to teach, motivate, and lead
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities and
projects and lead action teams.
- Strong oral and written skills, experience formulating and
writing reports and procedures, and be proficient with Microsoft
Word and Excel. Skills in statistics, procedure implementation, and
- Competent in interaction with executive management, regulators,
vendors, and customers.
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to
take on more responsibility
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to
drive new ventures within the business
Bachelors or better.
Keywords: Refresco, Broken Arrow , Quality Systems Manager, Executive , Fort Gibson, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!