Education Division Sales Consultant
Company: B-Sew Inn
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Department: Education DivisionReports to: Education Division
ManagerWho We Are:B-Sew Inn is a family-owned sales organization
that has been serving sewing and creative enthusiasts for over 25
years. Together with our team, we operate a successful sewing
machine and service business by delivering excellence and
inspiration to our guests (customers). With six retail locations in
Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, and Texas a Nationwide Education
Sales Division based in Hawaii, an Events Sales Division, and our
E-Commerce Divisions, we continue to experience healthy growth and
financial stability. Our Distribution Center and Administration
Offices, based in Oklahoma, provides sales support and
infrastructure to enable our company to be prepared for future
growth and expansion.Summary:The Education Division Sales
Consultant position is responsible for selling a variety of sewing
machines, and related products, and driving sales through excellent
customer service while upholding B-Sew Inn's core values. This is a
full-time position, 40 hours a week including Saturdays.Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and a willingness to adhere to
BSI's culture, including finding a way to say "Yes".
- Greets guest on by phone, exhibit booth, or retail sales floor
and determines make, type, and quality of merchandise desired.
- Displays merchandise, suggests selections that meet guests'
needs, and emphasizes selling points of article such as quality and
- Demonstrates use and explains features of sewing machines and
related products; answers guests' questions concerning price and
use of merchandise.
- Prepares orders by processing requests utilizing established
practice: pulling materials, packing boxes, place orders in
delivery area and/or shipping packages.
- Generates emails or text to team members and educator/customer
base when appropriate.
- Participate in trade shows, exhibitions, and networking with
education associations to promote B-Sew Inn, our products, and the
love of sewing.
- Participate in set up and tear down of trade shows, exhibits,
- Input necessary data from exhibits and conferences into Point
of Sales System, Constant Contact and/or BSI Website.
- Processes sales invoices using Point of Sales System.
- Processes financing paperwork as needed.
- Exhibits sales skills required to achieve personal and store
goals; demonstrate persistence, overcome obstacle; recognize and
act on opportunities to create sales.
- Maintains knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies
regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Develop and deliver instructional education to classroom
educators in workshops, at schools, and by zoom.
- Follows up with guests to assure satisfaction, respond to
inquiries, solicit further sales & solve or refer problems.
- Maintain records related to sales and quotes.
- Maintain mailing list within Point of Sales System and Constant
- Work with website and marketing team to maintain Educator
pricing shown on BSI's website.
- Examines defective item returned by guest to determine if
refund or replacement should be made.
- Uses computer database to research availability of merchandise.
- Utilizes computer reports to verify inventory and generate
- Participates in Physical Inventory.
- Sells service contracts for machines sold and schedule on site
school service technician dates.
- Receive and process of machines within BSI's Education Loaner
- Wraps merchandise for guest or arranges for delivery.
- Cleans shelves, counters, tables, and other general retail
- Removes and records amount of cash in register during off site
exhibits or conferences.
- Helps maintain the demo-ready environment of exhibit booths.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1-2 years relevant sales experience required.Skills and
- Commitment to continually increasing knowledge of BSI's
products to stay current on product offerings.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including email; familiarity with
Google Documents and Google Drive preferred.
- Proficiency in social media venues such as Facebook, Instagram,
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.Physical Demands and Work
Environment:This position is in a standard office environment with
desktop business equipment and telephone calls. Noise level is
moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the team member
is regularly required to stand and walk for long periods of time
and must constantly reach with hands and fingers; climb or balance
and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequent hearing and talking is
required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such
as computers, and phones; keyboard typing is required. This
position requires the ability to occasionally lift and carry
supplies and shipments up to 50lbs. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
essential job functions.While performing some duties of this job,
the team member is may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate but
can be loud at times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job
- Competitive Wages
- Group Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Optional Vision, Dental Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Vacation Days
- Personal Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Pre-Tax Retirement Program
Keywords: B-Sew Inn, Broken Arrow , Education Division Sales Consultant, Education / Teaching , Muskogee, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!