Company: College Of The Muscogee Nation
Posted on: November 22, 2021
General Summary:Under the direction of the Department
Supervisor, the Receptionist will perform proficient clerical
skills, provide independent judgment in following clearly
prescribed procedures, and possess basic knowledge of business and
college terminology. The receptionist will further possess
knowledge of departmental operations and regulations, and provide
routine clerical and secretarial assistance, including
appointments, correspondence, and filing. The receptionist must be
comfortable in multicultural and Native American settings.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:The provisions of the
following Receptionist duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide exemplary customer service and organizational
- Answer telephones, screen callers, relay messages, and greet
- Provide general information regarding CMN and all college
- Check, sort, and distribute mail as needed.
- Operate office equipment such as copier, fax machine,
laminator, and scanner.
- Computer Proficiency in Microsoft office and other basic
- Ability to learn and operate student information system and
- Responsible for finding coverage when away from the front desk
for any reason (absence, breaks, etc...).
- Create flyer, pamphlets, and information booklets.
- File and locate materials in electronic and/or paper
- Assist department personnel with daily operations.
- Maintain confidentiality and follow FERPA guidelines.
- Assist in other areas of the college as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.Physical Demands:This is largely a
sedentary role; however, some filing, delivering mail and other
duties that may require the ability to lift, open filing cabinets,
bend, walk and stand for long periods.
- Minimum Requirements - High School diploma or GED with two
years secretarial experience. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel,
Word and PowerPoint.
- Preferred Requirements - Associate Degree with a
business-related emphasis and evidence of working in a college
setting. Exemplary oral communication, interpersonal and
organizational skills. Knowledge and proficiency in using Microsoft
Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Special Considerations - Ability to speak the Muscogee (Creek)
language is preferable but not a requirement. Native American
preference.Licensure (if appropriate): Valid Drivers License.
Disclaimer:The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
Public Relations:Important attributes of any employee of the
College of the Muscogee Nation, along with the official performance
of duties, are personal appearance and public relations. Each
employee is expected to make every effort to be well informed about
the institution, pleasant, courteous and cooperative. As an
employee, you are expected to act in a manner that commands respect
of all personnel and students.
Keywords: College Of The Muscogee Nation, Broken Arrow , Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , Okmulgee, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!